New Premium Series of soundbars from LG FeaturedWritten by Karl Erik Sylthe
- font size decrease font size increase font size
LG launch four new premium class soundbars. They are developed in collaboration with Meridian Audio.
In addition to some possible lower priced models, LG is launching four new soundboards in the upper segment. These include the flagship model SN11RG, the models SN10YG and SN9YG, as well as the smallest SN8YG.
Collaboration with Meridian Audio
One element that makes LG's soundbars particularly interesting for audiophiles is that LG has partnered with Meridian Audio. In addition to being a supplier of HighEnd equipment, this company, led by Robert Stuart, has given several leading audio algorithms, such as MLP nearly 20 years ago, when DVD-Audio struggled with SACD to become the leading disc-based HighEnd audio format. And more recently, with MQA being a slightly disputed audio format that delivers HighRes audio to streaming services like TIDAL without exceeding lossless bandwidth.
In the collaboration between LG and Meridian Audio, the technologies "Bass" and "Space" stand out, where the former predictably will provide increased bass response, but the latter according to LG should provide improved perspective and increased Width in the soundscape.
AI Room Calibration is new to LG's premium soundbars, and will provide improved adaptation to room acoustics. LG also claims that this room calibration actively contributes to 3D sound playback, from Dolby Atmos or DTS: X.
Otherwise, eARC contributes to the transmission of these 3D audio codecs directly from TVs that are eARC compliant. And all the models offer 4K Pass-Through. Should you wish to have a chat with your AV setup, it is reassuring to know that the new models are compatible with Google Assistant.
The top model SN11RG provides a full 7.1.4 layout, while for the other three models you can extend to full surround using an available "SPK8 Wireless Rear Speaker Kit".
The models are shown at the upcoming CES of the Year.
Karl Erik Sylthe
Latest from Karl Erik Sylthe
- Platesmaking 1-23. Mest norsk, og litt Sparks
- Naim NAIT 50 – tilbakeblikk på begynnelsen, med ansiktet vendt forover
- R-N800A og R-N1000A – nye strømmeforsterkere fra Yamaha
- Linn 360 og Klångedang hos Tonlaget i Gøteborg
- Beovision Harmony 97 – all time large fra B&O
- Linn 360 - «Audibly Invisible. Visibly Remarkable»
- Pixel 7A – ny mellomklassemodell fra Google
- Node X – ti års jubileumsmodell fra Bluesound
- B&W Nautulis 30 – jubileumsmodell av et ikon
- DNP-2000NE – new premium streamer from Denon
- DNP-2000NE – ny toppklassestreamer fra Denon
- TA-AN1000 – ny mellomklasse AV-receiver fra Sony
- Beosound A5 – arven etter Beolit
- TEST: Bowers & Wilkins PI5 S2 – i skyggen av kongen?
- TEST: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2X – en liten boks som kan temme store subwoofere
- Bang & Olufsen legger ut på 2. etappe i Beoplay EX Atelier Editions
- Estelon Aura - rimeligste gulvmodell fra en ekstremHighEnd-produsent
- Sonos går nye veier med Era 100 og 300
- Vestia – ny høyttalerserie i mellomklassen fra FOCAL
- Bang & Olufsen lanserer Beoplay EX Atelier Editions