NXN Recordings - exciting new Norwegian label. Update 03. april 2020 FeaturedWritten by Karl Erik Sylthe
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Naxos Norway is launching a brand new label. NXN Recordings aims to release music without genre restrictions.
Tomas Linnes is the man behind NXN Recordings. He is the Label Manager and founder of the label. With more than 25 years of experience in the music industry, he has been into the entire chain - as a guitarist, head of a record store, as a distributor, and is now the General Manager of Naxos Music Group's Norwegian office, Naxos Norway. He has worked closely with and was responsible for export at Musikkoperatørene for labels such as Grappa, Rune Grammofon, Hubro, Jansen. He has also been Label manager for ACT and ECM in Norway, and still is for ECM.
Need for new label
Linnes believes that a platform is needed to release new Premium Quality Norwegian music without genre restrictions, and the new label owned by Naxos Norway wants to live up to its slogan No Limits - Any Shape - All Music. Many labels restrict thmselves to a certain genre or profile, while Linnes wants to keep his ears open to Music of all shapes.
6 annual releases
NXN Recordings is planning to release 6 productions annually, usually 3 during spring and 3 in the fall. The 2020 Release Schedule is already official:
- 03.04 2020 Andreas Ihlebæk- Northern Lullabies
- 24.04.2020 Mats Eilertsen Trio / Trio Mediaeval- Memorabilia
- 24.04.2020 Magnar Karlsen / Jacob Young- Circles
- 18.09.2020 Torsvik/Winter- Hidden Soul of the Fjords
- 25.09.2020 Harr & Hartberg- Scar
- 09.10.2020 Eple Trio -Ghosts
We have had the proivilege of a sneak listen to Hidden Soul of the Fjords, a release with characterful and exciting music that sounds promising. It`s a musical journey in four grand movements created by
Norwegian singer and songwriter Heidi Torsvik and producer and composer Lazerus Winter from Los Angeles. The record is scheduled to be released as a double album this fall, but two singles from the final movement will
be released before the summer. Look out.
Co-creators of Hidden Soul of the Fjords Heidi Torsvik and Lazerus Winter (Photo: Ida Charlotte Brønn)
Below you can see and hear teasers from the three album releases scheduled this spring:
NXN Recordings website is now launched, and the first CD is released. Look out for a review of Andreas Ihlebæk- Northern Lullabies in a short time.
Karl Erik Sylthe
Latest from Karl Erik Sylthe
- Bang & Olufsen legger ut på 2. etappe i Beoplay EX Atelier Editions
- Estelon Aura - rimeligste gulvmodell fra en ekstremHighEnd-produsent
- Sonos går nye veier med Era 100 og 300
- Vestia – ny høyttalerserie i mellomklassen fra FOCAL
- Bang & Olufsen lanserer Beoplay EX Atelier Editions
- Bartòk APEX – dCS sin nyeste Ring DAC-konstruksjon finner veien til innstegsmodellen
- Galaxy S23 serien – en ny generasjon mobiltelefoner fra Samsung
- NW-A306 – Ny Walkman fra Sony
- REVIEW: Bowers & Wilkins PX8 – is the bigger brother of Px7 S2 at allmost twice the price worth the additional price?
- TEST: Bowers & Wilkins PX8 – er Px7 S2 sin nesten dobbelt så dyre storebror verd prisforskjellen?