B&O launch 3rd generation Beoplay E8 FeaturedWritten by Karl Erik Sylthe
- font size decrease font size increase font size
B&O's completely wireless earbuds have reached the third generation. And it involves some significant improvements.
When the Beoplay E8 came in some over two years ago, there was some new ground with completely wireless earbuds. Admittedly, Apples`s Airpds were on the market allready, but beside that this was a fairly glitzy terrain. We had to test if they were any good, and they were...
A year ago, the second generation of the Beoplay E8 was launched, where wireless charging of the case was the main theme. The earbuds themselves were unchanged from the 1st generation
Beoplay E8 3rd Generation
Now is the time for the third generation. Since the first models were launched, much has happened in the market in this sector, and it is important to improve a product if it is to keep up with the competition.
The third generation has improved on several points. The earplugs themselves are more compact, and B&O claims to have a better fit for most people's ears. The size has been reduced by 17%, and they now have a weigh of 5.8 grams per unit.
Battery life is increased to 35 hours. This does not apply to the earbuds alone, but in combination with the charging case, which can now give 4 recharges to the buds. New recharging of the case in two hours.
B&O has also increased the number of microphones from two to four. This should provide greatly improved speech clarity, and better suppression of ambient noise. B&O also claims that the increased number of microphones provides an enhanced Transparency Mode if you want to listen to the surroundings with the plugs in.
The most important news, however, is that the new models will provide improved bass reproduction. This should be achieved with new bass sports.
Beoplay E8 3rd Generation has Bluetooth 5.1, and supports AAC and aptX codec.
The price for the new model is 2,900, - while you need extra 1,200, if you want a wireless charging plate.
Les mer om Beoplay E8 3rd Generation hos B&O
Karl Erik Sylthe
Latest from Karl Erik Sylthe
- Platesmaking 1-23. Mest norsk, og litt Sparks
- Naim NAIT 50 – tilbakeblikk på begynnelsen, med ansiktet vendt forover
- R-N800A og R-N1000A – nye strømmeforsterkere fra Yamaha
- Linn 360 og Klångedang hos Tonlaget i Gøteborg
- Beovision Harmony 97 – all time large fra B&O
- Linn 360 - «Audibly Invisible. Visibly Remarkable»
- Pixel 7A – ny mellomklassemodell fra Google
- Node X – ti års jubileumsmodell fra Bluesound
- B&W Nautulis 30 – jubileumsmodell av et ikon
- DNP-2000NE – new premium streamer from Denon
- DNP-2000NE – ny toppklassestreamer fra Denon
- TA-AN1000 – ny mellomklasse AV-receiver fra Sony
- Beosound A5 – arven etter Beolit
- TEST: Bowers & Wilkins PI5 S2 – i skyggen av kongen?
- TEST: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2X – en liten boks som kan temme store subwoofere
- Bang & Olufsen legger ut på 2. etappe i Beoplay EX Atelier Editions
- Estelon Aura - rimeligste gulvmodell fra en ekstremHighEnd-produsent
- Sonos går nye veier med Era 100 og 300
- Vestia – ny høyttalerserie i mellomklassen fra FOCAL
- Bang & Olufsen lanserer Beoplay EX Atelier Editions