Audolici AVP-01 - new phono preamplifier from PortoWritten by Karl Erik Sylthe
The Portuguese producer Audolici expands the range with a phono pramp. AVP 01 is flanking an integrated amp, and a set of separate pre- and power amplifiers.
In the city of Porto in the northern part of Portugal we find HighEnd manufacturer Audolici. They were founded in 2007 by Josè Magano and Valeny Kuchkovsky. From before Audolici have the integrated amplifier A-25M, a tube amp at 25 watts. In addition they have a set of preamp AP-01 and power amplifier I50.
Now they also launch AVP-01, a phono preamplifier that Audolici aims to be combined with setups in the HighEnd segment. It is equipped with a 6H2P-EB tubes, where each tube has its individual character. AVP-01 has input for both MM and MC pickup.
Importer for Audolici in Scandinavia is PS Audio, and as a dealer for PS Audi s agencies in Norway is listed Renaissance Audio in Bergen. Those of you who are going to this year`s HiFi exhibition in Stockholm will have the opportunity to listen to A-25M, demonstrated by Peter Selmer at PS Audio.
Read the press release about the AVP-01 from Audodici:
AVP 01 is a vacuum tube solid pre-amplifier, designed for optimal sound reproduction from vinyl records. Audolici AVP 01 uses an URSS standard valve, the well-regarded 6H2P-EB selected with individual strict criteria. Each tube has special fluid and crisp sound character, preserving quality, tradition and innovative engineering design. This equipment can deliver an outstanding sound stage, transmitting the micro dynamics of musical instruments, natural timbre of acoustic vocals and accurate details analog recorded. At the rear of the Audolici AVP 01 are gold plated stereo pairs of RCA sockets for Line input, a pair of Phono inputs, a pair of Line out RCA sockets and headphone output.
The AVP 01 front panel is made of a heavy non-magnetic material and the steel chassis has a matt finish. There is an upper ventilation grill, through which can be seen a single tube glowing.
MC phono input has 72 dB of gain, with the MM input being 52dB. Input Impedance is switchable for 100, 200, 470, and 1000 Ohm. Line input sensitivity is 0.775V and nominal output voltage is 1.0V. Overall frequency response is from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, dimensions are 435mm x 96mm x 360mm (WxHxD) and the unit weighs 6 kgs.
Available front face colors include Red, Steel, and Black.
Latest from Karl Erik Sylthe
- Mono As overtar agenturet for Cambridge Audio i Norge
- iFi iDSD Diablo – ny heftig DAC fra Southport
- Galaxy Unpacked 2021 – eller hvor går Samsung?
- Hegel V10 – Nytt phonotrinn fra Bent Holter
- Onkyo og Pioneer letter på sløret for 2021-modeller med HDMI 2.1
- Rogers E20a/ii – oppdatert versjon av en klassiker, skapt for en enda større klassiker
- JBL markerer sitt 75-års jubileum med flere retro-modeller
- Bose Sport Open Earbuds - øreplugger med nytt konsept
- Urbanista Miami – nye trådløse hodetelefoner fra Stockholm
- TEST: Triangle Signature Theta – en perspektivmester som er pen i tøyet
- Elipson Heritage XLS 15 – en klassisk engelsk høyttaler fra Frankrike
- ALO audio Pilot - new pocketDAC in dongle format
- ALO audio Pilot – ny lommeDAC i dongle-format, og knapt nok det
- AirPods Max får sin første klassiske Shield Case fra WaterField Designs
- Phono Box RS2 – ny flaggskip phono-forforsterker fra Pro-ject
- Platesmaking rett før jul
- Boenicke P1 – ny effektforsterker fra Sveits
- TEST: Huawei FreeBuds Studio - et vinnerkonsept på første forsøk
- Ortofon med en eksklusiv jubileumsutgave av 2M Black.
- Platesmaking i desember – Vinyl spesial